Step by step instructions on how to set the recommended sound settings on a Redbird system running Navigator.
1) Close Navigator Desktop Software
- Press the Alt key on the keyboard to bring down the menu bar
- Click on the word Window and select Exit.
2) Open the Sound Control Panel
- Press the Windows key on the keyboard to bring up the start menu and taskbar.
- Along the right side of the taskbar, right click on the small speaker icon and select Sounds.
3) Disable the Monitor Speakers
- Right click on the monitor sound device, then select Disable. (repeat for each monitor on a system with more than one monitor)
4) Set the Desktop Speakers to be the Windows Default
- Right click on the Speakers, then select Set as Default Device.
To set voices (ATIS/AWOS/etc.) to playback over a separate device such as a headset, right click on that device and select Set as Default Communication Device.
5) Set the Communications Activity setting to "Do Nothing"
- Navigate to the Communications tab along the top of the menu, then select Do Nothing.
Contact Redbird Support for assistance