Redbird is pleased to announce the integration of RealNav NavData updates with Redbird GPS software.
RealNav is a third-party database subscription built upon the navigation data produced by aviation authorities worldwide, and gathered by Lufthansa Systems. It contains current real-world global information about airports, runways, en route and terminal waypoints, VHF Navaids, airways, instrument approaches, departure procedures (SIDs), arrival procedures (STARs), and airspace.
RealNav FAQ: https://www.realnavdata.com/faq.html
Redbird AATD & BATD customers under factory warranty or covered by a service agreement have the following options:
- RealNav Pro4: Annual subscription with 4 updates -- $495
- RealNav Pro13: Annual subscription with 13 updates -- $995
Customers who are not under factory warranty or covered by a service agreement should contact Redbird Support for more information about how to become eligible to sign up for RealNav updates.
Here are the steps to acquire RealNav for your Redbird:
- Find and record your simulator's DB Key from the AUX page of the G1000 or GNS 430/530.
- Proceed to the RealNav website from a secure computer and sign up for the subscription of your choice.
- You will be asked to provide contact info for account setup and credit card for the subscription fee.
- Once the purchase is complete, plug the all-in-one USB keyboard (provided with your simulator at installation) and click the Click Here For RealNav Updates button in the bottom left corner of the main Insert Pilot Key screen.
- The RealNav Update Installation Wizard will launch, then when you click the Check For Updates button, the wizard will begin to download and install the RealNav database.
- When the installation wizard says that it is finished, close the wizard and remove the all-in-one USB keyboard.
- Launch a flight/scenario.
- Go to the Aux page in your G1000 or GNS 530/430 and check to make sure the Aviation Database field has changed to say RealNav.